Tuesday 1 September 2015

So do we buy a puppy?


I grew up with dogs, and never thought for a minute that I would be 'dogless' once I had children. But, then I actually had children & couldn't understand for a second how you could possibly need another commitment, needy, poo machine! But then this happened

We have just spent a lovely weekend with family and their new puppy. What I was surprised to see, was the connection our Little I and this puppy had (now wishing I had taken a picture of them together!). They hung out. Puppy would follow Little I around , Little I would smile at him and pat him, and then every now and then, she would launch herself at him for a super big hug. They shared toys (I gave up on hygiene years ago), they shared licks (gross), & they shared some kind of a connection.

Little I was very calm all weekend, despite a reasonably unfamiliar environment & lots of people. She was smiley, content and sociable. Was this the puppy love working yet more magic?

So what's the science? Why the connection? I can see my next line of research forming......

Hmmmm.......... what to do.........

I already have 3 children that I have unsuccessfully trained (so no evidence to suggest I could train a dog), and I already have more poo in my life than anyone should have to experience. I'm also already torn in far too many directions, oh and dogs cost money (lots!) ....... but.... but.... but.....

Love each other x






No comments:

Post a Comment