Thursday 24 September 2015

Epsom Salt - Natural Wonder / Poo glorious Poo







Occasionally you come across something that is soooooo beneficial to you and your family, that you want to educate every single person you meet - in the street, the school run, the bus (should I actually get one!), the toilet queue - everyone, everywhere!

I have to thank two amazing and inspirational ladies (hopefully they know who they are), for putting me onto Epsom Salts for a million different reasons! Why oh why did I not act sooner! This is the stuff of dreams. Its therapeutic and medicinal properties are extensive. I'm writing this blog, as the penny has just officially dropped in my worn out old brain. We have been giving Little I Epsom Salt baths almost every day for the last month and I have just made the connection with the fact that I have finally and successfully dramatically reduced Little I's constipation medicine.

She was sat chilling out in her bath tonight (hour and a half), when that old penny started to drop, so I grabbed my phone and started googling (is that an actual verb these days?). There it was in black and white - on top of the hundreds of other benefits of Epsom Salts, it clearly helps with constipation! It is absorbed into the skin and somehow encourages the bowel to absorb more water, which softens the stools and makes them easier to pass! Bingo!

There are heaps of other benefits - I have now prescribed Epsom baths to each family member for various ailments from insomnia to eczema, to more constipation to joint ache.

Epsom salts aren't actually a salt by the way - they're magnesium - a mineral many of us are lacking in.

I am quite literally turning into a granny, with all these old school methods that are working for us - changes to diet, Epsom Salts, essential oils - what's next?

It's only when you make little or no progress (or in our case, regress), using conventional methods, that you open your mind and explore alternatives - such a shame to have wasted so much time.

The only question I'm left asking is..... why on earth GPs aren't prescribing this ahead of movicol, lactulose and many of the other constipation drugs out there.... or instead of anti-inflammatories or steroids for skin issues. Definitely worth exploring nature's gift first. Such a shame.

Get 'googling'!!

Love each other x

PS - I feel I need to say something like ..... I am not a medical professional and can only speak from personal experience! Like me - you should do your own research before diving in - but honestly I can't see there is too much to worry about from having a bath. x

No comments:

Post a Comment