Friday 24 July 2015

Midnight Ramblings & hob nobs

Just settling in for one of our all night sessions. By midnight, I finally accepted our fate. Up until then I had been pretending sleep was imminent and it was putting me in a bad mood, as it was continually denied! I have now had a perfect cup of tea and half a pack of hob nobs, so bring it on! (Sob sob!).
Oh the irony - we spent today in London with one of the countries leading behavioural sleep professors. Amongst other things, we were advised to triple Litle I’s melatonin dose, so I had high hopes for tonight - when will I learn?! Hold onto hope, hey?! Well, tonight the triple dose helped her sleep a whopping hour and forty minutes!!
Small mercies though - she has at least started to watch TV (well Ice Age 3 - nothing else is toleratated) after 2 years of refusing to watch anything. This sadly doesn’t stop the inappropriate climbing, window licking, object throwing and rocking etc as she is an efficient mutli-tasker in such matters, but does at least seem to keep madam busy in one room and less likely to wake the other monsters up! 

At some point tonight, I’m supposed to be securing a sleep probe between Little I’s big toe and a machine. I can’t do this until she is asleep, and to be honest, at that point I will beyond ability and too scared of disturbing her. Night one of two day study - epic fail :-(
The lovely bits today - Litle I loved our train rides in and out of London. She was fab - she actually sat still (ish) - I think the train motion provided therapeutic feedback for her. We also both thoroughly enjoyed walking the south bank from St Thomas’, all the way back to Liverpool Street. Love London baby.
Anyway, enough ramblings. Must be time for more tea….. And hob nobs?…..
So, for those of you in the know, Open the door, get on the floor, everybody walk the dinosaur!
Happy caffeine and hob nobs to all you other night warriors out the there! 
Love each other x

No comments:

Post a Comment